Skip to content
- Before opening the bag, turn it over and carefully make about 10 small holes in the bottom with a ballpoint pen, large paper clip or other sharpish, poker-type thing. PLEASE be careful not to poke your fingers or other body parts!
- Tear open the bag at the notch located about a third of the way down from the top.
- Remove the small foil packet of seeds. You will notice the growing instructions are also printed on the foil bag in both English and French.
- Open the foil packet and spread the seeds evenly across the top of the soil. Then lightly mix the seeds into the top 1/4 inch of soil – just enough so that they are covered, but not too deep.
- Place the bag on a saucer or in a shallow bowl, then CAREFULLY pour about 1 cup of water into the bag, trying not to disturb the seeds as much as possible. Once the water soaks in, if there are a lot of seeds resting on top of the soil you can just poke them down a bit with your finger.
- Place the bag and saucer in a warm, out-of-the-way place that does not get a lot of light. Check the bag daily to make sure the soil stays moist, and water as needed.
- Your seeds should start to sprout in about 3 days. Once you see the little sprouts poking up out of the soil, move the bag and saucer to a bright, well-ventilated location (although not in direct sunlight). At this point you want to water about every 3 days, or more frequently if necessary to prevent the soil from drying out completely.